Undergraduate Service Loaners
Undergraduate students who have sent their machine off for maintenance or repair may request a service loaner from SWAT. The following conditions apply:
- The student must show proof of repair, i.e., email from vendor with Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number or University Bookstore Service Center claim ticket.
- Loaner period is three weeks (21 calendar days) from date of check out.
- The loaner period may be extended on a case-by-case basis and must be validated with information from the manufacturer or authorized service center explaining the delay of the repair.
- Loaners must be returned within 72 hours of receipt of repaired machine, or by the commencement date of the semester, whichever comes first.
- Equipment not returned by the scheduled time will result in an immediate hold being put on your student accounts. All grades, degrees conferred and/or classes will be held until the equipment is returned.
- Equipment not returned by the scheduled time will also result in the student being placed on a block list, preventing him/her from receiving loans in the future.
- Failure to return equipment may also result in criminal charges. Any theft of items valued at over $200 in the Commonwealth of Virginia is considered a felony.