Initiating Student Support
Before contacting SWAT, make sure you have Zoom installed on your phone and computer, if possible. This will allow us to see what is happening on your screen as well as perform remote troubleshooting. You can reach SWAT using the following methods:
- You can reach the SWAT Office by phone at 540-231-7815. We are available Monday through Friday, 9AM to 5PM.
- Once in contact with a technician we will create a ticket for your specific issue and our technician will connect you to a Zoom Call in order to begin the troubleshooting process.
- If we are unable to resolve your issue remotely, we will schedule an in-person appointment for you. Appointments will be scheduled for the next business day, at the earliest.
- If the phone lines are full please create a ticket through the SWAT website and a technician will contact you as soon as possible.
- Clicking the “Request Help” button at the top of the page will take you to our custom support page. You will need to login using your CAS Username/Password
- Once logged in please give a brief description of your issue, a good contact phone number, and if possible a good time for us to reach out to you regarding your issue.
- Issues received after 5PM and over the weekend will be attended to during office hours the next business day
- A technician will contact you as soon as possible to set up a Zoom Call to begin troubleshooting
- You can also email us directly at email@example.com and request help.
- Please include a brief description of your issue, a good contact phone number, and if possible a good time for us to reach out to you regarding your issue.
- A ticket will be created in your name and a technician will reach out to you as soon as possible to set up a Zoom Call.
- In-Person troubleshooting will be available to students on campus, by appointment only, after all remote support options have been exhausted.
- Loaner laptops will be available to students on campus who are currently having their computer repaired, by appointment only. Proof of repair will be required in order to obtain a loaner
- Masks/Face coverings/Temperature Checks will be required for all In-Person/Loaner appointments before your appointment begins.
If we determine your computer is having a hardware problem, we will direct you to the appropriate channels to have your computer repaired.