Important Information Regarding Autodesk Software (AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit, Civil3D, etc.)
In order to obtain a license for Autodesk products, students must now verify attendance of a "Qualified Educational Institution."
To verify your Autodesk Account please visit autodesk.com/education and follow these steps:
- Click the "Get Products" button at the top of the page.
- Click the "Get Started" button near the top of the page to sign in/create your Autodesk account.
- Once signed in, select the product you wish to download.
- Autodesk will inform you that you need to verify your account and take you to their verification page. This page will show the email you signed up with, your First Name, your Last Name, and a space to enter in the name of your "Qualified Educational Institution"
- Make sure your information entered is correct.
- Enter in "Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University", DO NOT enter Virginia Tech or your verification will be denied.
- Click the "Verify" button at the bottom of the screen.
- You will most likely be told that your information could not be verified and you will need to provide "Additional Documentation".
- The document(s) you provide must include the following: (PLEASE READ ADDENDUM AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE)
- Your full legal name
- The name of the educational institution at which you are enrolled or employed
- A date within the current school term
- Autodesk/SheerID prefer the following documents: (PLEASE READ ADDENDUM AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE)
- School-issued confirmation letter
- A copy of your student ID (Photo ID not required, must include date)
- You can either browse or drag your documents into the page to add them to the upload queue.
- DO NOT SEND ANY CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION (Student ID No., Social Security number, banking details, ect.). Please black this data out before uploading.
- Click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page once your documents are attached.
- You will receive an email either Confirming or Denying your Verification.
ADDENDUM: Some students have reported issues submitting photos of their student ID's because Virginia Tech does not date them. Students have reported success using the following documentation:
- Screenshot of unofficial transcript that shows Virginia Tech and student information at the top and list of current semester courses at the bottom.
- Bill under Hokie Wallet
- You can also request an enrollment verification letter in Hokie Spa